The most common causes of deep breast pain are:
- hard painful area in part of the breast
- may start with just a sore feeling in the breast
- if the blockage is very deep, you may only feel pain and not hardness
- may have redness over the skin
- same symptoms as blocked duct but with fever
- fullness or hardness of the entire breast
- may extend to breast tissue in the armpit
Inflamed duct / bleb/ milk blister
- white dot, yellow scab, blood blister or bloody scab on nipple tip-pain during nursing, after nursing or both
- usually only on one side, but can be on both
- Sharp shooting pains, deep in both breasts between feeds is a later sign of yeast
- yeast that causes deep pain will also have:
- Pain on latch-on that usually improves during the feeding.
- Burning, stinging discomfort of the nipples and areolae between feeds.
- Sensitivity of nipples to anything that lightly brushes against them.
- Painful or uncomfortable letdown.
- When blood vessels clamp up and don't allow enough blood and oxygen to the breast tissue, nipple and/or areolae.
- Stabbing, aching, throbbing or shooting pain.
- Can be severe, intense pain.
- Usually feels worse in the cold.
- may occur if you are pumping for long periods of time
- or pumping at too high of a vacuum
- small stabbing or "electric shock" pains when the breast is filling
- lasts only a few seconds
- should not be very painful
- yeast infections and vascular spasms can make let down sensations more painful